In August, we were ...
- editing a book on trusts, wills and administration
- editing a book on intellectual property
- editing a government department's annual report
- editing a document on New Zealand's public breast screening programme
- editing a book about wellness and finding balance
- writing about an Auckland-based furniture and homeware designer
- writing about a celebrity chef’s upcoming children’s cookbook
Daisy: Fall of Giants by Ken Follett, Salt, Fat, Acid, Heat by Samin Nosrat and Csardas by Diane Pearson; also Good Luck, Anna Hibiscus! by Atinuke and The Wild Robot by Peter Brown with my daughters (today in micro-literature ...)
India: You're on an Airplane: A Self-Mythologizing Memoir by Parker Posey, Educated by Tara Westover, Crazy Rich Asians by Kevin Kwan and Brighton Rock by Graham Greene
Daisy: getting ready for a new school and kindergarten term here in the Northern hemisphere: I'm in the middle of a vortex of to-do lists, lunch boxes, exercise book labels, new shoes and resentment
India: perpetually either asking people or being asked, "Did you go to Beervana? Have you seen any movies at the film festival? Have you gone to any Wellington on a Plate events?"
Daisy: Deborah Frances-White's thoughts about women-centred micro-climates as hot houses for societal change, and the happy little thought that Coles & Lopez might just be one
India: the new album by Mitski, Be the Cowboy (thanks, Chris!)
COLES & LOPEZ NEWS
- Treasures of Tane: Plants of Ngai Tahu by Rob Tipa, which Daisy edited, was published
- India reviewed You're on an Airplane: A Self-Mythologizing Memoir by Parker Posey for NZ Booklovers
- India's interview with Dave Dobbyn and travel feature about Gisborne appeared in the August issue of Kia Ora magazine
- India had two blog posts published on WellingtonNZ.com: Meet the Maker: Sphaera soap-maker Ali Johnson and A Trip Down Lombard Laneway
- India reviewed two Burger Wellington burgers for WellingtonNZ.com
TIP OF THE MONTH
Burned or burnt? Learned or learnt? India has the definitive story.